Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5/11/2014 - 5/14/2014

Sunday
A day to rest and that's what I did. I spent the day out of the hot and began planning my summer travels. I will be taking the Fiesta to Hannibal for a couple of reunions and then plan to return to the Valley to pick up Mel to begin summer travels. Right now I'm leaning toward Wyoming., maybe Casper and Cody. We'll see what happens.

Monday
The search was on this morning as I searched auto parts and tire shops to locate a couple of replacement front hubcaps for Mel. I have in my possession one of the caps, the other one I believe might be somewhere alongside the road in Nevada. The search turned up nothing so I resorted to the Internet and found what I needed. New hubcaps or on the way for Mel.

Not funny what the Cubs did to my Cardinals today. 

Tuesday
Today has been called because of lack of interest. Actually it's been called because of rain. So far .25 of an inch and it doesn't appear that it will let up soon. I was going to do laundry today, but this rain is good enough an excuse to avoid that chore for another day. Time to curl up with a good book and let the world pass by.

Cardinals won, but it wasn't easy.

Wednesday
We started the morning at 61 degrees. Now that's pretty strange for the Rio Grande Valley in the middle of May when the average low is 72 degrees.  It should warm up to a comfortable day.

Major chore today as it was again time to do the laundry and I could think of no suitable excuse to postpone it. Everything is clean and I should be good, at least through the weekend.

A major decision has been made and the birds welfare cafe is going to be shut down, at least temporarily. The supply is apparently pleasing because at times there is a line 20 birds long waiting to feed. Filling the trough once a day just isn't enough for these flying pigs and some of these critters are exhibiting rather rude manners as they spend more time pecking at their competition than they do the food.




Maybe when I open the next time I'll post some rules and give time outs to those who don't abide.


17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I know exactly what you are talking about with the flying pigs. These finches are driving me nuts. They all must be pregnant. They can't possibly eat this much for one. I feel the feede every other day. I live them but they are putting a big dent in my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I filled the feeder at noon and now at four it's empty and the birds are making faces at me like they're starving.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about planning summer travel. We plan and plan and plan. Then, we change and change and change those plans. Have a great time in Hannibal. we've planned that numerous times too but something always seems to come along to change it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day you'll wander through there if you wander long enough.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you could speak "Bird"? You never cease to amaze me! :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something I learned on those long mid watches while crossing the Atlantic.

      Delete
  4. If you head up to Wyoming, our good friends Tom and Diane are camp hosting at Warren Bridge Campground near Pinedale, WY. It's boondocking but has a trout stream right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New travel plans sound exciting. I don't know what if anything I will be doing this summer as the fires have put a damper on my plans for sure. But with the money I save on gas I might find me a nice little something for traveling longer next summer.

    dreaded laundry out of the way is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All plans made are always in Jello, an exercise of the mind. I did see the fire season is off to a roaring start, which could have a big effect on the summers plans.

      Delete
  6. Those birds can eat:) We put three bird feeders in the backyard and it looks like I might have to find a job to pay the feed bill:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I've contacted MFA about a weekly feed truck delivery.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi

    It is the old supply and demand come to your window, you supply and they (the birds) demand time at the food, trying to keep the other birds away while they eat as much as they can pack in their belly and cheek pouches.

    George

    http://busterstravelsgeo-bon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those birds are just like the ones we have around here. With my bird brain, I finally came to the same conclusion that you did, and stopped putting out the free food. We did get a new peanut feeder for the squirrels, but somehow they figured out how to get it off and out into the back yard, where it was this morning. They have it about empty. I fooled 'em, and put it back up just the way they left it. HA, now let's see what they do next!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive