Sunday, May 11, 2014

5/7/2014 - 5/10/2014

Things are heating up around here as the daytime highs are reaching the high 90's. It's a good time for indoor projects. Today my friendly UPS driver delivered a new addition for Mel. I have heard lots of good things about the Oxygenics shower set up so I though I would give it a try.

I immediately installed the new fixture and got everything working for the morning shower. I also got a new fry pan, but there were no instructions so I guess I'll have to figure out how to use it on my own.

Cardinal's win to complete a good day.

Shower this morning was a new experience with the Oxygenics shower head or so I was told by the company's literature. I'm sure I ended up much cleaner or at least wetter.

No ballgame today so it was a very long day in the heat. If it gets much warmer I might have to turn on the air.

Today started with a run to the dealer to pick up the completed paperwork on the Fiesta. I then made scans of every thing and sent them to Teri at My Dakota Address so she could compute the damages. In two hours I had the numbers back and packaged up the paperwork and included a check and off to the post office I went. Everything necessary to complete the registration in South Dakota is now in the mill.

During the ballgame, which the Cardinals managed to lose, a thunderstorm rolled into the area and at one point we even went to a tornado warning. Other than a little wind and a quarter of an inch of rain my location was unaffected. This was the first rain in over a month, so it was appreciated.

The respite from the heat with last nights cold front was short lived and today we are back up to 97 degrees and the saving factor is the humidity is only 50%.

Cardinals managed to lose again. This is getting to be a bad habit.


  1. After my second Oxygenics shower head broke, I went back to a conventional cheap shower head. They both failed where they thread into the hose, there is an internal screw put inside the unit before the two halves are mated that attaches to the hose threaded part. Both failures were caused by the screw getting loose and backing out, no way to tighten it without cutting the head apart. For what those things cost, they could have a little better set up holding it all together. The first unit lasted about six months before it fell apart, the second, less than a week.

    Hope they've made an upgrade to your unit and you don't have the problem. Fingers crossed.

    1. Thanks for the heads up, I saved the one I replaced if need be.

  2. HMMM looks like that special shower head might not be all it's cracked up to be. Hope yours works better thatn Paul's did.

    We are looking at a possible 100 degrees this week. You know who will be sitting in the house sobbing.

    1. O'm thinking Paul must shower harder than I do, we'll see.

  3. Several of our friends have a Oxygenics shower head. They love it! Paul and I have talked several times of purchasing one. Still on our bucket list.

    WOW...two hours that is service.

    1. Teri has always been good about taking care of things. When the papers arrive on Monday or Tuesday she will walk 5them over to the courthouse and it will all be taken care of.

  4. Always on the lookout for new ways to get in hot water, eh, John?

    1. Russ, life would be pretty dull without a little hot water.


Blog Archive