Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 1

On the road again was today's theme. The first stop this morning was at Wal-mart to see if my prescription had been called in, but that was a wasted stop. So at 9:30 we went to navigate mode and hit the road. 325 miles later we shut down at the Wal-mart in Del Rio Texas. ready for an evening of relaxing and watching the baseball game. By the way the doctors office did return my call about 1 pm, but by then I was past Laredo, so I didn't bother to answer the call.


Yesterday before the day ended we had one more visit from the UPS man. He was delivering a new weather station to replace the last one that made it less than 30 days. The new unit has all the outside functions mounted in one unit and the mounting hole just happens to be the exact same size as the piece of PVC I had mounted to the ladder. The unit is light enough that it can easily be pulled down for travel and is completely solar powered. Here's what it looks like.


The desk base unit.

The outdoor part of the system.

Lots of features to learn, so I've got some manual studying to do when I get some time, for now I do know it's 93 degrees in Del Rio.

Tomorrow's planned destination is Carlsbad New Mexico or at least in the vicinity. The rest of this day will be spent kicked back.


6 comments:

  1. Be safe....there's lots of kooks on the road...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being on the road is a great way to Enjoy the Good Life. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that type of thing on rigs, wondered what they were. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Glad you're on the road again, it must feel good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, I have very little bandwidth here in Del Rio, so I can't answer each comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prescription game. This is the second time Prescription Solutions has mailed my stuff to the wrong address. Guess in your case it was the Dr. Glad niether of us needed the meds to live.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive