Friday, November 18, 2011

Gourmet

Last week the gourmet in me struck again when I decided to turn some bread from a light white to a dark brown only to find out the my $10.00 toaster that I had owned for about the same number of years had retired from the bread browning business. Then the search was on to replace the one appliance I owned that I could operate with some measure of success. A search of  appliances on Amazon.com was begun and one unit that caught my eye was a combination toaster oven/toaster that fit into one neat little package that would fit comfortably in the counter space I had available. The unit arrived yesterday and was unpacked and placed on the counter. Now all that awaits is for me to come across something that needs to be toaster ovened. The search is on.


Two slice toaster on top and oven on the bottom.

I have checked my schedule and once again I have the day off to sit around and enjoy the good life.


9 comments:

  1. I like that little toaster oven. Wish I had counter space like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to tell what's in the future as I unleash my culinary skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one neat little toaster oven. I make fish, pork chop, and chicken breast in my toaster oven. I have such a small one for the motor home I had to buy a toaster if I plan on more than one slice. Some days you just can win.
    Have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knows what will emerge from the oven with me in control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that is the RV friendly Toastation. A nifty counter space saving device. The toaster slot allows some heat to escape even though it closes. Placing a silicon pad over the top slot makes the lower oven work more efficiently. You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleinguy we still have to contend with operator error.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are not full timers but my wife does not bake in our camper when we are camping so we bought a toaster oven and store it in the oven of the range. It's great use of an unused area ;-)
    I hope you get as good of stuff out of yours as we do out of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nacho time! Hey, ya gotta make 'em for the games..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive