Thursday, November 17, 2011

What happened

Yesterday, about this time of day, as I sat down to pen my words of wisdom I ran into a real obstacle. I couldn't access the internet. This is about as dramatic as it gets for someone who's life revolves around the internet. With no access to the internet, there was no access to the world so I spent the day trying, every hour on the hour, to access the internet, with no success. Finally about 5 pm I called Verizon to verify that t was their problem and not mine, which they confirmed. Another couple of hours and things began to work again and I was able to catch up to the rest of the world. Sometime during the day it dawned on me how much I rely on the internet to keep in touch with friends all over the country and how much it has become a part of of my life.


This morning the wind has circled around to the north and driven in cooler air. No sun to be seen and 55 degree temperature being pushed around by a 20 mph wind. Today will be spent keeping a lookout for the sun while enjoying the good life.

3 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much a part of our lives the internet really is. With all the trouble I had been having I was not very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you wonder, how did we live before the internet? Addicted? Not me... ;c)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive