Saturday, June 18, 2011

Katie update

Here is the email I got last night from Katie's dad Jim.



Hey All,
Katie did great! First, let me tell you that this kid is one tough cookie. Last night and just minutes before surgery, Katie showed no fear on what she was about to go through. Wow, talk about showing people what bravery is really all about!
Amazingly, her surgery was only one hour. She is resting comfortably right now. I’m sure when physical therapy comes in this afternoon she will be a little more disagreeable. I could be wrong on that assumption. The doctors expect her to be released from the hospital in the next couple of days (possibly as early as tomorrow) depending on her level of pain and mobility.
After years of immense pain and immobility, we are excited that this will be the start of new beginnings for Katie. What we have witnessed the last 24 hours, Tricia and I have no doubt in our mind that Katie will more than make up for all the things she has missed in no time at all. Her positive attitude through all of this has just astonished us.
Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts, prayers and support for Katie and our family.

Btw, Chanel 5 News (KSDK) will air Katie’s story tonight at 10:00 and Saturday morning at 6 a.m. or 9 a.m. If you are out of the Channel 5 viewing area or if you miss the story, you can go to www.ksdk.com and see the story online Saturday morning.
jim

You can go directly to the KSDK news feature story on Katie by clicking here.

This mornings wake up call came at 4:30 am in the form of a tornado warning with heavy rains and lightning until 5:30. It now seems to be clearing to the west and we will wait and see what kind of day we are going to get to enjoy the good life with.

2 comments:

  1. John, I watched the news story and dangit, the tears flowed. What a brave little girl. Please hug Katie for me and tell her I will be praying for her and her 'new' life. See? We think we have problems. I pray for God to bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update I had Katie on my mind and was going to ask your about her. What a brave little girl she is.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive