Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another wake up call

This mornings wake up call came at 5 am in the form of thunder and lightening. Of course my response was to roll over and ignore it, which I successfully did until 8 am. At that point most of the construction workers whom I have shared the campground with this last week decided it was time to leave. We are now down to about six units in the whole park. 


A lot of yesterdays effort were directed at trying to get the results from my biopsy's that were done last week. Since there is no cell service here I contacted Mike by email to contact them and ask them to email the results, no go. They will not email the results, but they will broadcast them over a cell phone where anyone with a scanner can listen in. Go figure. Any way I finally walked down the road in search of a signal and within half a mile got a couple of bars. The results were one basil cell, on squamous cell and on pre-cancer.  In order to get this taken care of I am re-routing my summer plans to stay in the area to have this taken care of. First available appointment was August 3rd so I plan to find a place to stay for a month while waiting for the knife. Right now I'm leaning toward the Amana Colonies which looks like it might be an interesting area to explore.


This mornings adventure was held in the laundry room. Those of you who have followed me for a bit know how much I enjoy this. It has now been completed and that frees up the afternoon to enjoy the good life.

4 comments:

  1. John, you are officially on my prayer list. Take heart, it's all going to be alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, this is an annual event. I have had so many skin cancers removed I don't even give it much consideration any more. Both types I have show a 95% cure rate. Thanks for the good thoughts though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my thoughts. Good Luck and if you are talking about on your face PLEASE make sure you wear a nice big brimmed hat.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive