Saturday, April 9, 2011

Too much time

The wind continues to blow in the 30+ mile per hour range as it has for the last 24 hours. This has given me enough indoor time to try and find a browser that works for me. As I told you Firefox's newest version was causing problems and didn't seem to like Windows 7 so yesterday I downloaded Internet Explorer 9. I found some good and some bad features but just wasn't comfortable with the way it interfaced. So this morning, as any person with too much time on their hands might do, I downloaded Google Chrome. Chrome seems to be more to my liking. It is built on the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) I'm still working out the setup, but I'm thinking (I know I've been warned against this) that this might be my browser of choice. I did find out that if you bring up the subject of browsers the dialog flows. I guess that's why there are so many choices, so everyone can pick the one that works for them.


This afternoon I'm going to put out a second anchor to keep from being blown away, take some more seasick medicine and enjoy the good life while waiting for the wind to ease up.

5 comments:

  1. The sand storms are horrible today and are supposed to get serious tomorrow here in Deming. YUK>

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind is still strong here, a lot of the outdoors is trying to get in and sit on the counter tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It blew hard here all day. Still blowing at 5:30. It should be there by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a review recently comparing browsers. It seems the result was that the new Opera browser was faster and preferred over the biggies like Firefox, Explorer or Chrome. Have you looked at the new version of Opera?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive