Friday, April 8, 2011

Blown away

The wind has arrived today and it's attempting to blow the new highway construction to a different location at the rate of 30 miles per hour. If the RV Park decides to go along we should be located in Baffin Bay in about two hours. I am sure glad I'm not on the road today.

With the wind acting up I have used the morning to do some upgrades on the computer. I have been using Mozilla's Firefox  as my browser for the last couple of years, but the newest version has been nothing but flakey with several restarts during a session. In addition they have dropped some of the features that I used most often, like RSS feeds. So this morning I downloaded Microsofts latest version of Internet Explore, version 9. The reviews have been good so I though I would give it a go. The only problem so far is that it did not transfer all of my favorites over so I have had to go back a manually do that.

This afternoon will be spent with one hand holding on to Mel while using the other to test drive  Internet Explorer 9 while enjoying the good life.

10 comments:

  1. John, I'm wasn't too happy with IE9, but I love IE8. It suits my style. Man, It blew here in West Texas, too. You probably saw some of it blow by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I was wattching for you to blow by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're not happy with Explorer, other good choices are Safari and Firefox. Sometimes I find sites that say their programs will run best on one of those.

    Jacky Leighton

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I've switched over to Chrome and I really like it. It doesn't have as many features as IE or FF but it's fast and clean just the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kenny, I think I might try Chrome next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wind you say, The wind here in Tucson was awful. I thought for sure I was going to lose an awning or the roof maybe. I hope we all have a better day.
    I need to import all my favorites to my laptop for traveling next week for the rest of the summer to high country and get out of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, this is a switch several people choosing IE8/9 over firefox. Did MS actually get something right this time? By the way I've been using IE8 ever since it came out and still find it does everything I want it to do. No flaky restarts and since I keep my FREE virus programs up to date automatically, I have never had any problems with viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure MS gets anything right. LOL I am playing around trying to find a browser that works for me. I'm also going to play with Chrome.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive