Friday, April 1, 2011

End of an adventure

Yesterday when shopping at Wal-Mart I noticed a help wanted sign at the customer service desk. It got me to thinking about maybe settling down after four years on the road, especially with the cost of fuel and living in general continuing to rise. I inquired about what was available and went on and filled out an application. Long story short, I got a call this morning and they wanted me to start next Monday. So it looks like Mel will be for sale and my days on the road are numbered. It's been a fun adventure, but all good things must come to an end. If you ever get to Kingsville Texas, be sure and stop in the local Wal-Mart and I will give you my best greeting.




 
Anything written on this day must be taken with due consideration to the date on the calendar and it may be my way of enjoying the good life.

3 comments:

Blog Archive