Monday, March 7, 2011

Shopping in the dark.

This mornings trip to Wal-mart brought about an interesting experience. The first thing noticed when entering the store was that appeared to be darker than normal. Every other row of lights in the ceiling had been turned out. Shopping was completed in the pharmacy and then I headed to the grocery side. Here's where the big surprise awaited. All the freezer cases had plastic hung over them and the floor cases had cardboard laid on top of the merchandise. Everything was hidden from view. In talking to one of the employees I was told that they had lost half their power earlier in the morning and this cover up was an attempt to retain as much of the cold as possible until the power was restored. The major impact on my shopping were the frozen food door case, home to the TV dinners, pizza and ice cream (also known as my staples), were completely roped off. Fortunately, the crises ended during the middle of my shopping and I was able to find everything I needed to survive for the next few weeks.


On the return to SeaWind the wind picked up and Mel got lots of exercise trying to stay in the center of the road. We both were glad to be back in our spot where we can spend the rest of the day enjoying the good life.

1 comment:

  1. Finally got to read you comments here, interesting as always. Len and I are back home in Illinois, and you are right, it is too early to come this far north. Saturday the high was only 40 with a cold wind out of the north. You do know that if you are every in our area here in Illinois, to please stop by and see us. We are 60 miles south of Springfield, IL, and 42 Miles northeast of St. Louis, MO, all on I-55.
    Keep writing and "enjoying your good life." Len and Linda

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive