Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New pillow

A week ago I received my new Sobakawa Cloud Pillow and have been testing it. You know the one I mean, it's advertised on TV where they show the tubes with eggs on the bottom of a cylinder and then cover them with different pillow materials (feathers, foam, memory foam and Sobakawa air beads) and then proceed to drop a lead weight on them, destroying the eggs in all but the Sobakawa cylinder. When it arrived the first thing I noticed was the lack of instructions included with the pillow, so I had to decide whether it was to be used like a conventional pillow or if it was to be placed over my head to prevent injury from lead weights falling in the middle of the night. After pondering this problem for awhile I opted to use the conventional pillow arrangement of under the head instead of over it. This decision was reached after determining after 66 years of nightly slumber I didn't once recall having a lead weight dropped on my head. Now after a week of testing the pillow it seems to be doing a good job of giving me a restful nights sleep. 

 The cloud pillow.

This morning my neighbor and fellow full-timer, Barney, is preparing to pull out. He is headed for the Big Bend are and wants to get there before the spring breakers arrive and take the best spots. It's been an interesting week of  sharing stories and travel tales. I will continue to follow his adventures on his blog Old Fat Man Adventures.

Today the fog has moved back in and the humidity is saturating the air. It will be a good day of reading some more of my books and waiting for the sun to arrive while enjoying the good life.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Great post. Hope the pillow continues to serve you well and that you continue to avoid lead weights of any type!

    Kerri in AL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive