Friday, September 5, 2014

8/30/2014 - 9/5/2014

Saturday
Busy day today as the college football season began plus in baseball that rarity of rarities, an actual double header game. 5 games to keep me occupied. The Cardinals split and all three of my football teams won. My remote control thumb is tired.

Sunday
Since pro football hasn't started it was a quiet day with just one baseball game to follow. The Cardinals one and are now tied for first in their division. Other than that a quite day in anticipation of the weekend warriors departing today and tomorrow.

Monday
Loren stopped by this morning to wish me well with my anticipated departure tomorrow. We had another nice chat and the Dave dropped by and joined us in solving the worlds problems. Later in the afternoon the Cardinals won and with a Brewers loss they are now n sole possession of first place in their division.

Tuesday
Woke up this morning with enough of a headache to postpone travel. With an afternoon ballgame tomorrow the departure day will probably be Thursday.

Wednesday
One of the reasons that kept me here was an afternoon ballgame which the Cardinals won and I'm also waiting for the after effects of tropical storm Dolly to dissipate along my route.

Thursday
Off and running as I headed south. After 430 miles I landed in Fort Stockton for the night. After setting up I was able to watch the Cardinal game as gusts of wind blew through the area. No rain developed, but it sure was breezy.

Friday
I was on the road by eight and I ran smack dab into the rain promised for yesterday. What began as light and scattered moisture increased in intensity to the point when I crossed the Pecos River the squalls were so intense I couldn't see across the bridge and the wind was trying to push me off the span and into the canyon. At this point I decided that Del Rio, 30 miles away, was the destination for the day. Checked into the Broke Mill RV Park for the night and put a halt to the rain. I probably wouldn't have gone much further because with all the oil activity between here and Laredo there just aren't many RV parking places.

12 comments:

  1. Egads. So glad you pulled over. Just reading about the rain and wind made me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you made it over the bridge. I don't like driving in that kind of rain. Their telling us we will get hit Sunday. Safe travels for the rest of your journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, Looks like the weather will be better tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Broke Mill is a very nice campground. The owner, Mike, is a really nice fellow to visit when he has time. He is retired Border Patrol and has lots of great stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice place, I only stayed there because you said it was.

      Delete
  4. There is a cure for a remote caused sore thumb. It's called the "OFF" button... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we found all of your sunshine here in Eugene, and you're hogging all of our rain. Give it back!
    http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/32121975-75/eugene-matches-record-for-90-degree-days.html.csp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on making things right, the Ducks need water to play.

      Delete
    2. Apparently they can also play without the rain haha!! They handed Michigan State a pretty good loss in high heat. Still, if you can send us any rain we'd sure appreciate it. Travel safe.

      Delete
    3. Big Ten didn't do well yesterday, but I still think the Ducks will do better in the rain.

      Delete

Blog Archive