Monday, July 28, 2014

7/25/2014 - 7/28/2014

Friday
Worked on the plans for next week, reservations have been made and a few calls to people in my path to warn them of my approach and advise them to take cover. By the end of next week I should be on the other side of Colorado in the 4 corners area.

Saturday
Weekend mode is in full force with a Cardinal game keeping me busy all afternoon. Cardinals win. Quite time is good.

Sunday
More weekend mode with another afternoon game on tap. Cardinals win again. The tanks have been emptied and the water filled in anticipation of the mornings departure.

Monday
A driving day today as I moved closer to the train rides. I am now in Blanca, Colorado, probably fitting for someone born in Blanco, Texas to visit here. As I sit here I'm watching the thunderstorms roll over the mountains and into the San Luis Valley. The thunder really booms as it bounces from peak to peak across the valley. Tomorrow I will head to Antonito for the first ride on the Cumbres & Toltec RR on Wednesday. Then Wednesday after returning from Chama I will head to Alamosa for the second train ride Thursday. I have no idea if I will have internet service so everything will be recorded and posted when I can.

10 comments:

Blog Archive