Sunday, July 20, 2014

7/15/2014 -7/20/2014

Tuesday
After a full week in the shop the Fiesta has been returned with all the repairs done and the vibration gone. Spikes Ford really stepped up, from providing a rental for my use to running it through the wash and detailing it before returning it to me. Super pleased with their service.

Time to watch the All Star Game.

Wednesday
Well the All Star game ended badly as all the American League runs were scored off of Cardinal pitchers. 

This morning I took the Fiesta over to my new park for next year, Val's Kountry Corral. The were nice enough to offer a parking place under a canopy with no charge involved. I got there just in time as a road crew was in the park getting ready to re-gravel the roads.

Jim and Sue picked me up and we made one more trip to the Riverside Club to get a breaded tenderloin fix before I hit the road.

Tomorrow will be departure day so today I've got to complete as many of the departure list chores as I can, so in the morning I can hit it.

Thursday
The day began with a stop at Spikes Ford to get Mel a new battery. After 7 years I think that was good preventive maintenance. While we were at it we went on and replaced the air filter. Then it was time to hit the road. The day ended at Becs Store and RV Park in Concan Texas in the Hill Country, 358 miles down the road.

Friday
Another day of heavy driving and a stop at the city park in Canadian. One notable event during todays adventure was when my GPS navigation system locked up just as I was guided into a traffic circle around a local courthouse. Had it not been for the quick witted response of the vehicle operator (me) we might still be circling the courthouse waiting for directions. Several attempts to correct tyhe problem with the GPS have failed, including running a diagnostic program has resulted in the unit no longer even turning on. 

Saturday
Today I traveled to Siebert Colorado, home of my friends Jim and Lisa, they are the owners of Shady Grove RV Park and I will stay and visit with them until my new GPS unit arrives. The total miles since leaving Spike Ford on Thursday was 1199.

Sunday
A day of rest as I settle in at Shady Grove RV Park. Time for visiting and catching up on the Cardianls who start the day tied for 1st place in their division. A new GPS has been ordered so I will be here until Amazon gets it delivered. This will be a good time to plan the next move and recover from my last one.

18 comments:

  1. So were you circling the square in Anson? That is a beautiful spot altho it isn't really a traffic circle is it....be safe in your travels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly where I was and if it wasn't for my super quick mind I might still be going around the courthouse.

      Delete
  2. What? No shots of the courthouse from every side?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW finally rolling again. You and I have had our troubles trying to get rolling this year. Good luck with the rest of the travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always rely on the GPS to quit when you most need it:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to understand electronics knowing just when to fail.

      Delete
  5. You really drive a lot of miles daily. Hope your next GPS works out for you. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to get away from the heat after a late start.

      Delete
  6. GPS units are pre programmed to drive you crazy. I have two units and they even fight with each other. Ain't technology grand? :c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, they're designed to test the drivers common sense.

      Delete
  7. There are days when I think the old map and pencil and paper routine might just be better. Glad you found your way out of that circle and made it to your next stop. Have fun now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to exit without even getting too dizzy or as some would believe dizzier.

      Delete
  8. I've seen movies where they just keep going around because traffic or a dim whit didn't let them get out. haha You may be very surprised how fast Amazon had gotten. Ordered riser for the camper bed and they came in 2 days. Enjoy the rest you sure do drive lots of miles. But the heat has been the driving force. Lucky You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a town of just a couple hundred people so traffic wasn't a challenge. I was moving north to get out of the 110 degree temps. As soon as the GPS arrives I'm heading for the mountains.

      Delete
  9. I'm surprised that when Paul commented earlier he didn't present you with one of the PDD awards.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Good Life!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt bad about that too, Rick. I thought I deserved at least an honorable mention.

      Delete

Blog Archive