Sunday, April 28, 2013

No shows

I guess it's too early in the season, because there were very few weekend warriors show up to play on the Elephant Butte lake. I guess it could be because of the low water levels too, but in New Mexico there aren't many choices for boaters and Elephant Butte is the largest lake in the state.

This morning two of the work campers are preparing to depart. Paul and Mary will be on the road soon after a season of service at Cedar Cove. Happy trails to them.

For us the weekend mode continues, I did my morning walk-about, but there weren't many people up and about. I was able to visit with a couple and I got my steps in. This afternoon we will have baseball available and we will take time to enjoy the good life.

14 comments:

  1. The weekenders here at Brantley were all gone by noon. However they were rowdy last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baseball is a very bad word today. My Indians are in a HUGE slump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardinals have been playing awful and are still leading their division. Everyone else is playing worse.

      Delete
  3. I guess it is to early here too. We only had 2 new arrivals this weekend.

    Some folks just don't like the chilly mornings I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm in that club. Been running away from winter for too long.

      Delete
  4. Okay, weekend's over, now go pick up those "campground closed" signs you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord Donna K...I laughed so much my side hurts :D

      So that's your secret John...busted!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, those signs are expensive, but sooooo worth it! Besides, it's such good exercise walking around and placing them, and then walking around and picking them up. Very rewarding in a lot of ways, right?

      Delete

Blog Archive