Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Valley City North Dakota

Last night was the big soak and I liked it so well I'm planning on repeating the process in another 5 years. I sure did miss Mel's company last night though. Today began with a trip to the license bureau and I was there at 8:30 am and first in line. When the lady arrived she had to haul all her equipment to the basement and set up for business. She handles 5 counties and goes through this procedure 5 times a week. Once she had everything hooked up we began the process. First were the papers listed for me to bring and I had more than requested. The two important one were the SS card and the Birth Certificate. Then it was the vision test. Here I was able to accomplish something I was concerned about...passing without corrective lenses. 10 years age my eyesight bottomed out at 20/300  and I was wearing bifocals, since that time my vision has slowly improved and the last couple of years the only time I've worn glasses was while driving and then the only reason was because my drivers license said I should. Well, no more, I'm now authorized by the State of South Dakota to terrorize America with out the aid of glasses. 


After the new license was in hand it was time to head north to find some cooler temperatures. I stopped at Valley City were it is only 88 degrees. I am going to hunker down here for next couple of days so I'm not on the road for the 4th of July. It will also give me time to plan my next move. Right now there is no plan and I feel like it would be helpful to have one before I left.


Another new posting today at the bottom of the blog. I have updated the 'States Mel Has Visited' map to include Wisconsin and North Dakota, If I counted right the total is now 30 states visited.


The day is pretty much gone, but I'll use what's left of it to enjoy the good life.

8 comments:

  1. I have never heard of someone's vision correcting that much. Good for you!

    We just added SD to our map today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye doctor said it was uncommon, but not rare.
      I expect to do a bit of exploring here in North Dakota before heading west.

      Delete
  2. I was able to ditch my glasses too, according to the South Dakota folks. No corrective vision requirements on my SD license, either.

    We must be related. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you will drive better now.
    Enjoy the 4Th.
    Temps here are in the mid 70's again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of like removing the blindfold taking off the glasses that were out of focus. Glad your temperatures have cooled.

      Delete
  4. Was wondering why you were ignoring Wisconsin!

    Soooo when were you here and where did you go?

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wasn't ignoring your fine state Karen, but I needed to get my license taken care of in South Dakota. I entered from Galena Illinois and exited at Prairie Du Chein. Just saw some of the southwest corner area. I saw a lot of your state when I was driving truck, but for some reason it always seemed to be in the winter. Lot's more to see.

      Delete

Blog Archive