Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More Christmas

Today was my semi-regular trip to Wal-mart to replenish the pantry and continuing with the on-going Christmas  theme I went a little bit crazy and sprang for a couple of items outside the normal grocery fare. I actually went to the mens department and purchased, with my own money, a six pack of socks. Then it was over to the computer department where a replacement mouse was purchased for the computer, What a day, huh. I am now back in my spot in the park and plugged back in.  This afternoon I will take some time to organize my sock drawer, the rule is buy six new pairs of socks and get rid of six pairs of old socks. I'm sure many of you are having trouble getting your mind around the exciting life I lead, but this is my anti pack-rat program to make sure Mel doesn't have to join Weight Watchers.


Now I'm off to clean out the sock drawer so I can get on with enjoying the good life.

11 comments:

  1. Be careful those socks can hide in corners and multiply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to be faced with the opposite problem. The little devils sneak away on laundry day.

      Delete
  2. I am kind of funny about socks. I always but the same kind and color so I don't ever worry about loosing one.(Haynes, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Got you Michael. A whole drawer full of the same color, from the same manufacture sure takes the pressure out of sorting and matching.

      Delete
  4. What are you going to do for New Years after all your Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so worn out from Christmas I think I'll just work on recovery.

      Delete
  5. As far as the RV is concerned our rule of thumb is something new in something old out!!
    You have certainly had a very Merry Christmas lately!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting rid of stuff is tough. And is Christmas over yet? I have been so excited about your holiday it will be a let down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, the nice thing about funding your own Christmas is you can make it last forever or at least until the checkbook runs dry.

      Delete

Blog Archive