Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lots of wind

For the second day in a row the wind continues to blow around here. Its been running at a steady 24 mph with gust in the 31 mph range. This steady wind has caused the slides to be pulled in to save some wear and tear on the slide toppers which took a beating during the hail storm and probably aren't long for this world.


Yesterday observing of labor took it's toll on this old body. I'm not sure if it was dropping down on my knees to empty the holding tanks are climbing the ladder to the roof to inspect the work up there, but at some point I developed a back ache, the kind that won't let you get comfortable no matter which way you sit or lay. After loading up on ibuprofen I actually went to bed about 10 pm last night. All that accomplished was that I had the chance to toss and turn, trying to get comfortable, for another couple of hours. This morning, after a couple hours of sleep in my chair to make up for the sleep I didn't get last night I seem to be well on the way to recovery,


Today we are in Sunday mode around here which means little or no activity to be observed. I expect the major source of entertainment this afternoon will be a baseball game while enjoying the good life.

11 comments:

  1. If the bad sleep continues it might be time for a new matress. After three good nights in a row it's working for us at Enjoying the Good Life.

    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a new mattress this past fall and it's doing the job for me. It is amazing what a new mattress can do.

      Delete
  2. John, I'm a little parinod about back aches....that's how Maurice started out...if it gets worse or continues please get it checked. All it takes is an ultra sound. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Marie, thanks for you concern and advice. The discomfort has abated and I'm well on my way to what I pass off aa normal.

      Delete
  3. Glad the back went back to normal I hate it when my back hurts.
    Today I am happy to report the wind has gone.
    Hope you are enjoying your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have settled down and I enjoyed the day watching the Cardinals win another game.

      Delete
  4. Did you ice it? Actually, my doc says alternating heat and ice. I like to sleep in my chair too when the old back starts yelling at me. Hope you are better today and hope your wind has died down too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything improved today, wind died down and back is better, Thanks.

      Delete
  5. The wind was terrible here last night as well.

    I too suffer from back problems. My only relief comes from sleeping in a zero gravity chair or dad's old recliner.

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive