Thursday, December 8, 2011

Above freezing

Last night we didn't get the low temperature that was predicted. They said we would be into the upper 20's, but in fact 34 degrees was our overnight low and this morning the thermometer has been racing up the glass. We are already at 62 degrees and heading for a 70 degree high. and tonight's overnight low is supposed to be 57 degrees a full 20+ degrees warmer than last night.


This mornings chore was to change the cartridges in the water filter. I use a double filter system with the first filter removing sediment down to 1 micron. The second filter is a carbon filter that removes additional sediment, improves the taste and odor , removes chemicals and cysts. Generally the filters will last about 3 months for the first filter and 6 months for the second filter. I usually replace them when the water pressure starts dropping. This is a good indication they are becoming clogged. 


On the right you can see what a new cartridge looks like. The cartridge on the left is the one that I replaced. The green stuff on the old filter is algae which was pulled out of someones water supply. I use The Water Filter Store as my supplier because they provide such good service. This particular order was ordered last Thursday and was here, from California, by Monday. If you want to know anything about water systems and filtering their site is filled with information.


Now that I have labored this morning I have declared that I'm eligible to take the rest of the day off. That is the plan and is an excellent way to enjoy the good life.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you warmed up nicely.

    It is a real learning experience to follow full timers and to see all the things you have to do to your house on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your day turned out well. I did here to.
    That filter sure looks nasty. I don't drink the water in the holding tank so I don't have a filter system.
    And yes your deserve to take off the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MsBelinda - Take a house and bounce it down the road and there is always something to fix and maintain.

    Jo, I don't use the fresh water tank except when traveling and what you saw on that filter was mostly from city water and I don't want to shower in the water.

    Thank both of you for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive