Monday, May 9, 2011

Wind returns

This morning the wind has returned and should be with us for several days according to the weather people. Yesterday we had 41 mph gusts and it is sure stirring things up around here. The wind, coupled with the low humidity is making New Mexico a tinder box ready to burst into flames at the slightest provocation. There is currently a 27,000+ acre forest fire burning about 60 miles west of us that's pouring lots of smoke into the air. Last night my neighbors, Tammy and Dennis, alerted me to a sunset that gave evidence to the amount of smoke in the air. 


Here the sun sits just above the mountains and the smoke line is just above the sun.

More of the smoke above the mountains.

With winds already gusting to 28 miles today and sure to grow as the day progresses I will position myself at Mel's window to watch for any familiar landmarks passing by on their way to Texas. Even with the high price of gas, sitting here allow me to see a large part of the western United States as it heads east.

A travelogue passing by my window is another way to enjoy the good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive