Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day of rest

After a strenuous week of doing nothing today will be a day of rest. Yesterday Dennis, Loren and I sat outside and solved a good part of the worlds problem before Dennis mentioned that there sure wasn't much wind. This got someone's attention and within a half hour the 'breezes' began. Soon we all had a taste of western New Mexico and eastern Arizona in our mouths and nostrils and it was time to head in. I recorded one gust of 61 miles per hour yesterday on my weather station. We decided to leave the rest of the world problems for another day, but rest easy we're working on them.


This morning I have been pouring over various on-line weather sources to see which on will most fit my needs. I don't want to make the same mistake as the folks who left here yesterday and now find themselves in 40 degree temperatures and having just missed 8 inches of snow at Raton Pass while driving in strong winds most of the day to get there. Weather Underground seems best suited for my needs and has the most complete information to help me in my travels. 


The rest of today's activity (I use the word loosely) will be spent watching the Cardinal game and enjoying the good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive