Friday, April 15, 2011

Elephant Butte arrival

After fighting the wind all day yesterday I decided to go on and make the run to Elephant Butte last night while the wind was calmer.After the ballgame I headed through El Paso and just kept rolling. I arrived in Elephant Butte about 1 am local time and just spent the night at the local Wal-mart. This morning I got a few groceries and headed for Cedar Cove RV Park. On arriving at the park old friends started appearing everywhere. Marilyn was the first greeter and then when I went in the office I found Dave was out back working on the patio. While talking with him his wife Debbie showed up along with George. And then back in the office Phyllis showed up. I was assigned a spot in the row and will be adjacent to Dennis and Tammy and Loren and Marilyn and Dave and Debbie are on down the road. Looks like some serious catching up to do.


Last nights sunset shows the amount of dust in the air from the blowing winds.

Todays adventure will be catching up with old friends while enjoying the good life.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Barney, more than interesting day yesterday playing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safe and sound. When are you coming to the Riefesel Campground?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be here until the middle of May and then I'm heading toward Missouri.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive