Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tax time

Yesterday I took some time in the afternoon to complete my taxes on-line. I used the free software from Turbo-Tax and had everything ready to submit in about 30 minutes. Tax liability was minimal mostly because nothing from nothing still works out to be nothing. Of course, I was also relieved of the burden of filing a state income tax return, because the great state of South Dakota, where I'm domiciled, doesn't believe in such foolishness. After I submitted my return I got an email within two hours that my return had been accepted by the IRS and my refund should be deposited in my checking account on February 18th. Doing my part to stimulate the economy, I expect both dollars I get back to be in circulation by the 19th.


This morning Mike and I headed uptown for a pre-departure breakfast. The sausage omelet was satisfying and the conversation was stimulating. Isn't it nice to have friends to spend time with. Leaving old friends will be the hard part of the move, but then it will be exciting to meet some new folks down the road.

Tonight is the big chili cookoff and we'll be gathering at about 5 pm in the rec hall to test the results. Several teams are busy brewing up the secret concoctions this afternoon. Indigestion will measure the success of the event.


Today it is a bit breezy and the wind is coming from the east/northeast.and it's leading in some cooler air. We are supposed to be in the lower 50's around here by Thursday. Hopefully this is the last shot of winter this season. Cool weather is not why I came to this part of the country. Part of my enjoying the good life is temperatures at 70 degrees or above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive