Monday, February 7, 2011

Meter reading

This morning it was time to pay my electric bill. Since the new management has taken over it has become necessary for us to take our own separate meter reading as a check to see that every thing is done correctly. This morning that exercise paid off.  Apparently there was a problem in converting gallons to kilowatts because after everything was crunched through the calculator I was told my usage for the month would be $93.00. Like a Florida politician I immediately demanded a recount. The same numbers run through the portable abacus a second time yielded a result of $21.30 which was far more to my liking. I, like everyone else, protested the $10.00 water charge and we are all waiting to see how this is resolved.

On this mornings walk around the park  I noticed park employees are now working to repair the sewer system, so the EPA visit must have had some effect. I also intended to count the empty sites, but it is still chilly enough to preclude taking off my shoes which would be needed to get an accurate count. Right now we are at 62 degrees and it's warming nicely. Today will be a good day for visiting and enjoying the good life.

1 comment:

  1. Since you are paying for water as a separate item, you can use as much as you want for whatever you want just like electricity. Maybe the pier needs washing, or Mel or the street or the light poles.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive