Monday, April 5, 2010

Laredo visit

This morning I rode in to Laredo with Sal And Shelly, they had to pick up some eyeglasses and then we had an enjoyable lunch at the Olive Garden. A stop at Wal-Mart and Target completed the trip before we headed home. The wind has picked up and tomorrows departure will depend on whether the wind subsides or not.

Yesterdays Easter dinner was a huge success with lots of good food and company. As usual the 'I ate too much' comments were plentiful as well as the 'I'll never do this again' crowd who really mean until the next time.
The entree table was filled.
As was the dessert table.
Lots of good company makes a good day.

Today Aubrey left and he was followed out the gate by Vern and Delma. We have shrunk to four units here on our street. My plan is to leave tomorrow or Wednesday, weather permitting. Right now there are wind alerts for west Texas and I see no sense in driving into strong winds when I don't have to. Mel doesn't like the wind and fighting to stay on the road is not the way to enjoy the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive