Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Pats day


Today is the day we let all the not so fortunate folks join us and become Irish for a day. Welcome aboard for the day.

Yesterday Indiana took it of the chin from Wisconsin who seem to have the Hoosiers number having beaten them for the 12th straight time. IU is still a work in progress, but hopefully they'll toughen up for the big dance.

This morning, at  first light, my neighbors, Roger and Donna, started their homeward trek back to Iowa. More people will be leaving this week as the park slowly empties out. Soon we will be down to just a handful.

Today I will kick back and live the Irish dream of enjoying the good life. Hope your day is just as Irish.

14 comments:

  1. May your neighbors respect you,
    Troubles neglect you,
    The angels protect you,
    And Heaven accept you.
    Irish Blessing

    I'm 1/4 Irish but today I'll pretend I'm 100%
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Donna, I am 1/4 Irish...Paul 0. We celebrated yesterday with our daughter. We started way to early and ended way to late. Thank goodness this day only comes once a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March 18th, the official day of recovery, you just beat the Irish to the punch.

      Delete
  3. I enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard on St. Patrick's Day 32 years ago. I was celebrating the day in a pub right next to a Coast Guard recruiting station and before I knew it, I found myself in boot camp... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens to a potential sailor when he tries to drink like an Irishman. It could have been worse, you might of ended up on a whaler.

      Delete
  4. You missed a portion of that class of '62 celebrating at St. Patrick, MO. today. They were all very well behaved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were well behaved, it wasn't my part of the class of '62

      Delete
  5. well, they are old...you must be one of the younger ones...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Pat's to you too and I've got some of that Irish blood running through these veins too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Patty Day what's left of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo and to you too, because we are all Irish today.

      Delete

Blog Archive