Friday, January 4, 2013

Global warming

All the money that's been spent in the last few year to convince us we're in the middle of global warming and a week like we're having sure doesn't help them make the case. We are currently 46 degrees with a light drizzle falling. Grumblings are beginning to rise above a whisper as the natives become more and more restless. Checking the forecast it looks like clearing won't occur until Tuesday. 

Yesterday I watched the movie 'Rudy' to gear me up for Monday's big National Championship game and then I watched Oregon beat up on Kansas State. As a former Missourian it is always a pleasure to see a Kansas team lose. My congratulations to my friends in Oregon.

It looks like I'll be delving into the movie vault again today to see what I can find to stave off the boredom, but rest easy I will still find a way to enjoy the good life.

18 comments:

  1. We have had about all we can take of this drizzle and cold weather.

    Should be another good ball game tonight. Go Texas A & M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to end up with fingernail marks on the walls as I attempt to climb them.

      Delete
  2. Rudy is a nice feel good movie.

    Please don't continue to send your miserable weather to Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patter has been west to east for so long it's hard to get it changed.

      Delete
  3. If we could get Big Al to shut his mouth, we wouldn't be "suffering" from Global Warming with all his hot air...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty tall order getting a politician to shut his mouth.

      Delete
  4. Actually if you consider it "climate change" instead of "global warming" you get a better idea of what to expect, "CHANGE" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're pretty cold here right now too, but of course we are supposed to be so I guess I can't complain. Sure was a fun game watching our Ducks fly down the field. Now we find out if we will have a new coach next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My internet is not fast enough for streaming movies from Amazon, so I picked up some movie DVD's at the Dollar Store to keep me from going crazy during this weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri, it helps to be a little crazy to keep from going insane. Hang in there.

      Delete
  7. I agree with runnerduckreview. They should name it something more catchy and more meaning full. Global warming compares to calling parkways what it is. Who parks on the parkways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, probably the same people who drive in driveways, don't you imagine?

      Delete
  8. Global warming, huh? What's that? Or, rather where's that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are seeing better day time temps and the sun. But should have rain by Monday.
    Hope you find some good movies to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive