Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 2

Another big day, with 106 miles in the rear view mirror. Leaving Carrizozo we varied the route to Roswell and took a side trip to Ruidosa. The trip was fine if you are into twisty mountain roads. After leaving the town of Nogal we began to climb on roads that allowed me to check the rear license plate on Mel as we encountered lots of 35 mph curves, some more at 25 mph and even a few at 15 mph. The area would have been pretty, except this is a part of New Mexico that was burnt in the spring fires, not a pretty sight. Ruidoso is a mountain resort town and is suffering growing pains. You know the type, fast food on every corner, lots of glaring signs shouting their messages and bumper to bumper traffic going nowhere. Sort of a Branson of the mountains. I have been there, I have seen it and there is no reason to go back.

I landed in the Midway RV park and what it is midway between I have no idea. It is just south of Roswell and I guess I will sleep with one eye opened watching the sky for those little green folks. I did make it in time for the Cardinals game and the Broncos are on later so once again a successful day of enjoying the good life.

9 comments:

  1. Branson is not high on our towns to visit.

    If you get a chance and haven't done so, visit Artesia, NM, home of the Artesia Western Sculpture Roundup. It is a pretty cool town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling through Artesia tomorrow, unfortunately the museum is closed on Mondays. I'll catch it on the way back in the spring.

      Delete
  2. 106 sounds like a goodly amount of miles. That way you still have enough energy left to watch ball games and run from aliens. BTW, did you see what my beloved Ducks did last night? They are now ranked #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you Ducks are doing fine, you should be jumping for joy.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the stay and I hope the little greenies are friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I'm in Branson right now for week seeing all the shows. We're having a good time, too. Fourth visit.

    Does this mean we can't be friends anymore? :cO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, I've been there so many times that was the first place that came to mind for a comparison. Enjoy yourself.

      Delete

Blog Archive