Sunday, June 24, 2012

Busiest of days

Yesterday a couple of friends and I went to breakfast to discuss old times and then we headed to the Mark  Twain Lake To see the new visitor center that has just opened. Here are some views of the lake.


The visitor center.

The flags.

Inside exhibit.

The lake to the north.

The dam.

And looking south.

After that it was time to prepare for the evenings dinner and program. At 6 pm the dinner began and true to our wild nature I was back home at 9:30 pm. The time didn't go unnoticed to the group who all enjoyed the irony of the difference between our 25th anniversary and our 50th. We've all turned into our parents.


Today we started the day with Mass, which we attended as a group and then I met two of my sisters and their husbands and my brother and his wife for lunch. We ended up at the same place the rest of the classmates did and overwhelmed the staff. The rest of the afternoon was spent visiting with family before returning to Mel. Mike and Jane stopped by for a final visit and a few more laughs to help prepare me for the road tomorrow. A full weekend of enjoying the good life has a tendency to wear this old man out, but it was worth every minute.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good reunion weekend. I have been to Hannibal twice and like the town. I have not kept in touch with anyone from my high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were a very close class and we enjoy each others company whenever we can get together. Several of the local ladies gather each month. call themselves the 'golden girls'.

      Delete
  2. It doesn't matter that you didn't stay out till the crack of dawn. You all made so many memories.

    I was wondering if you were going to be able to work your family into the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 of 5 of my siblings live within 150 miles and they made it. The other two live in Michigan and Texas. A little far for a visit.

      Delete
  3. It was all worth while because it helped you to Enjoy the Good Life.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing you. I was just sorry we had to leave so soon. Enjoy your travels and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good time for you to add to your list.
    I used to be able to stay up for a few days. Now I can't even stay awake for a half a day. How sad.

    Have safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it Jo, that late night required a nap during the day.

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately the only "crack of dawn" I see now days is when I peek out of half closed eyes before turning over and going back to sleep. Sure glad you are more agile and determined than I. Be safe on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice that you got to see your sisters and brother. You might have to move that curfew to 10p.m. in order to get in all the visiting you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someplace along the line our get up and go got up and went.

      Delete

Blog Archive