Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Big travel day.

We started out this morning in Geneseo, Illinois and when we finished we found ourselves in Dexter, Minnesota. In the process we covered 278 miles, parts of 4 states (Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota) and I still was able to work in a visit with lifelong friend and classmate Pat M. in Savannah, Illinois. I'm hustling because I want to get a place in a campground in South Dakota before the holiday crowd shows up for the fourth. Staying overnight in either a campground or motel is a requirement for a full timer to renew their license and the Madison office is open on Tuesdays only. I hope to get everything taken care of on Tuesday and then head north. 


Another piece of unfinished business. Today I received by e-mail the class picture we took Friday night. 


The class of '62. I'm the one with the hat and camera.

The rest of the day will be spent relaxing, watching the Cardinals and enjoying the good life.


13 comments:

  1. There you go, going once again. I had hoped you would have taken my sound advice and stayed in one place long enough for your maid to catch up to you. Oh, well, you'll never have a maid at this rate. Better look forward to years and years of doing your own laundry. On the bright side, you don't let the grass grow under your feet long enough to have to mow it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been given lots of advice, the one I most cherish is that it's harder to hit a moving target. Works for me.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photo. How come you're the only one wearing a hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you can recognize me, it was easier than saying, 'the one in the green shirt'.

      Delete
  3. A lot of reflected light on the ceiling in that pic. Be safe up there in the cooler air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I glad you enjoyed yourself. I have yet to attend any reunions. Such is life. I did run into a female classmate after our 40th. She had a ton of pictures and stories. One of the guys is a US Congressman.(he is the one that yelled "you lie" to the President. I thought it was very disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very spiffy...indeed.

    Geesh...we will practically be neighbors on the forth. We will be in South Dakota too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading for Madison, 5 years on the road time for a new DL. We'll have to keep track. I would hate to pass and not speak, how rude.

      Delete
  6. Nice that you all have kept in contact for all these years. I only have one high school friend I am still in touch with...but I have lots of internet friends lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fortunate in that the pictured friends have remained close through the years. Doubly fortunate that I've added internet friends. I'm sure glad there are no limits on friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since some one already mentioned the hat I'll pass.

    There are a few bloggers going to be SD this week and next.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive