Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Battle won.

This morning Jayco sent a rather terse note explaining that they don't care to work with their customers.



Good morning Mr. Hedges,

We only sell parts to Jayco and Starcraft dealers. The dealer ship can have the parts drop shipped to the repair place in NM. I have listed below the closet dealer to Elephant Butte, NM. They should be able to help you with the parts that you need.

Thanks and have a great day!
Sharon Howard
Jayco/Starcraft Parts Department

Summarizing the above. "not only do we want to make a profit off of you we would like this dealer to benefit from you misfortune, too and by the way, now that you have to jump through more hoops to get what you need, have a nice day."

As I was not interested in paying an upcharge to Camping World I contacted my original dealer RV Direct and their reply was much more favorable. They stepped up and provided the name and phone number of their parts man in their Orlando facility and said they would be happy to drop ship whatever was necessary to get Mel back on the road. Thank you Debbie. By the way, if you're looking for an new RV I will recommend you check out RV Direct. All of my dealings with them have been first class and their prices are excellent.  Using Mel as an example, Mel had a list price of almost $96,000 and I purchased him for $62.500 delivered. I was happy.

The other event scheduled today was the Progressive Adjuster who called and said he was delayed it would be first thing tomorrow before he could make it.. This left a hole in my schedule which I grudgingly filled with turning dirty laundry into clean laundry. Sometimes the excitement just overwhelms. At least it's out of the way for a couple of weeks and I can concentrate on enjoying the good life. 

10 comments:

  1. If you can find a front loading washing machine, you can sit and watch the clothes slosh around. Almost as good as daytime TV!!

    Bah Humbug to Jayco!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two front loaders side by side here. I'm taking my 3D glasses to see how that works out.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are making the most of your run-around from Jayco and kudos to your home dealership to make amends and get you going again. You can put a blurb about them on www.rvservicereviews.com giving them some positive feedback!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I will rate Baker RV, as I have in the past, when the work is completed. I probably won't rate Orlando for just supplying parts.

      Delete
  3. Bravo! That's what I call a good "work around." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, problem solving 101 different paths to a solution.

      Delete
  4. Wasn't the adjuster going to come out last week? Whats Up Flo?

    I would like to know how the 3D glasses worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short of adjusters in the area. Tomorrow is the day. Laundry is laundry, no matter how it's dressed up.

      Delete
  5. It just amazes me how many companies don't want to do business with their customers, haven't they ever heard the terms "repeat customer" and "word of mouth"?

    I'm fortunate in that I have a Crossroads 5th wheel Cruiser and I've never seen a company bend over backward so hard to make their customers happy.

    If I'm looking for a motorhome someday I'll probably take Jayco off my list and if I'm ever looking for another trailer it will definitely be a Crossroads!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's a double edge sword. Protecting the dealer network is important, but facilitating repairs to customers should take priority in my opinion, but them I'm a customer.

      Delete

Blog Archive