Thursday, February 9, 2012

And on

And on and on goes the rain. Another inch has fallen in the last 24 hours and on it goes, just a steady gentle soothing rain, but just enough to keep everyone indoors.  Here is a view out of Mel's window this morning.


This is early morning with the fog still in the air.

And later after the fog has burned off.

In either picture you will be able to tell it's WET. This is not fun to play in type weather, as a matter of fact, this afternoon I am thinking of showering in WD-40 to keep the joints from rusting. We are now looking at this same weather through Monday which will make for a full week of drizzle at which point we plan on chasing the weatherman out of town on a rail. Right now we are at 52 degrees and Mel provides the vantage point I will be using for the rest of the day to enjoy the good life. I hope the weather is better where you are.

12 comments:

  1. We're running to get groceries this afternoon. Been mild up here until now but tomorrow the landscape is supposed to be white and Saturday through until Tuesday the temp will be in the low teens F with wind chills below 0.

    Your warmer but wet conditions sound better at Enjoying the Good Life.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are spoiled down here and I have been so acclimated survival in your neck of the woods is probably no longer feasible.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Barney, it's a hard thing to learn to appreciate, I haven't done it yet.

      Delete
  3. is that sobbing I hear. It's 63 and sunny here in Alpine. sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam so sorry your weather is so nasty. So I won't rub it in about how beautiful it has been here. Of course next week can make me eat my words when I hit Tombstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for not rubbing it in. I hope Tombstone is as nice as can be.

      Delete
  5. Oh well, each inch of rain translates into 8 inches of snow! Which would you rather have?

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even a fair question. I removed the word snow from my vocabulary when I retired. LOL

      Delete

Blog Archive