Monday, January 2, 2012

The recovery continues

Things around here were at a slow pace after a wild and crazy New Year's Eve. The evening started out tame enough as I watched the Indiana Hoosiers defeated the #2 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes. So they have defeated #1 and #2 within a three week period of time. Then a decision had to be made. I could either take my two left feet to the rec hall where they had a live band and lots of booze or I could watch the Big Band Theory TV marathon. Being a live on the edge sort of party animal I opted for the TV Marathon. This went on until about 10 pm when things really picked up and four pieces of bread were pulled out, toasted, buttered and sugar and cinnamon was added and one more Dr. Pepper was opened so that the ensuing sugar rush would carry me through to the new year. The plan worked and I made it to 12:15.


Yesterday was the beginning of the recovery process and while many of my neighbors were holding their heads my day started pain free. The day was overcast, the wind was blowing and football was playing and it was a good idea to sit inside and watch the game. The pain started when watching the poor performance of the Bronco's, but even though the Broncos lost so did Oakland and that made the Broncos division champs and the pain went away.


Today is another football day and it will begin right after the Rose Parade. Looking at all the pretty floats is another way to enjoy the good life.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how time teaches many of us that there is more to life then to cause ourselves unneccessary pain.
    Keep up the Good Life John and Happy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having way too much sugar!!! It may even cause you to have to get up and jump around, when Oregon plays Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl today. Should be a great game! We'll probably be rooting for the Ducks, since they are from the UofO here in Eugene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ, I just had a bowl of ice cream to bring the sugar levels back up. Badgers and Ducks, bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell you John, you really know how to live the good life. If I ate like that they would have to roll me around. hahaha
    But the plan worked for you and thats all that counts.
    Enjoy and eat some ice cream for me I love the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a problem Jo, I probably eat enough for both of us anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinnamon toast and Dr. Pepper - wow you do know how to party!! We had diet coke and nuts and chex mix with two grandgirls. Made it to midnight though - glad that's over. AND we had a great football day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I have to fess up. I have a salt shaker that has a lid on it...what's in it? Cinnamon sugar!!! heehee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive