Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Real rain

It took awhile, but the rain finally followed me into the drought area and for the first time in months this area is seeing real rain. The pitter pat started around 6 am and is continuing of and on. So far we have 8 one hundredths of an inch, which doesn't sound like much, but the first few hundredths were probably needed to wash the dust out of the rain gauge and in the desert it's a flood.


The other activity this morning was to run to the office and pay for the second months stay here. Arthur required very little arm twisting to get him to except the rent and assured me that next month would be even easier.


Today the plan is to take life easy, encourage the rain to continue and enjoy the good life.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful news.I know how bad the rain is needed there. I will play with my rain stick and hope it works for you guys and not here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still thinking of hiring out as a rainmaker. I've pulled 23 inches out of the skies where I parked since May.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive