Monday, May 16, 2011

Bumbleberry pie expedition

On Saturday a trip was made with Loren and Marilyn to the Hillsboro historic district in search of the renowned 'Bumbleberry Pie'. What is a bumbleberry you might ask. Well it's a well kept secret, but as best I can tell it's a multi-berry pie that is different each time it's made depending on which berries are on hand in the kitchen at the time of creation. It was mighty tasty when served slightly warmed with a couple of scoops of ice cream and in the company of friends.

 A little bit about the Hillsboro Historic District.

 Indians didn't take to kindly to these settlers either.

A bit more about Hillsboro.

I am now in Tucumcari, NM which is an old Route 66 town. They haven't advanced much since the Route 66 days and the internet service is terrible. I took 2 hours to download the three pictures in today's blog. I have more pictures of Hillsboro that I will post when I get better internet service.

On the way here form Elephant Butte Mel developed a wiggle in his walk and I was feeling some front end vibration. I have an appointment in Dalhart, Texas for Wednesday for some corrective surgery (an alignment and tire balancing). Until then I will spend some time here to explore the sights in Tucumcari in an effort to enjoy the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive