Sunday, February 27, 2011

Two choices

After observing the weather here at SeaWind RV resort for the last two weeks I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of weather here in Riviera Texas. We will wake up to either a dense, pea soup fog with humidity in the 90% range or the wind will be blowing to the point that the decals on the side of Mel need to be held on with bungee cords. People even refer to things around here that way, it's either a wind day or a fog day. Today is a wind day. All this wind doesn't lower the temperature or reduce the humidity any as it's now 86 degrees and the humidity is about 60%. It's more like a sauna with a breeze. The same effect can be enjoyed in a convection oven.


The last week has seen a lot more departures than arrivals. I guess people think because is reaching 90 degrees down here it's time to head north. I made that mistake my first year full timing and found I didn't have to go very far north before I found temperatures colder than my liking. I haven't made that mistake since and don't intend to this year.


Today we are on our Sunday schedule, a day of rest after a full week of doing nothing. Enjoying the good life is a full time endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive